Representatives of the Santa Marta community, in the department of Cabañas, and the family of Miguel Ángel Callejas Hernández, a young man arrested under the state of exception, filed a brief on August 19 before the Second Organized Crime Court, Office Three, based in Soyapango, San Salvador, to denounce the double prosecution of the young man and request his release.
The petition states that Miguel Ángel was arrested on October 7, 2025, and charged with the crime of illicit associations, even though in a similar case the charges against him were dismissed on August 2, 2022, for lack of evidence linking him to criminal groups. Even so, he was detained last year, and his police record includes the alias “Majoncho” or “Panadero del Ocotillo de Victoria,” which belongs to a known gang member from the Victoria area in Cabañas.
In light of this, they ask the Court to “carry out all proceedings within the framework of legality to corroborate this person’s innocence,” for which the community is willing to provide information to contribute to the judicial process, asserting that “truth and justice must be guaranteed in light of our constitution and international law,” according to the document.
According to Peter Nataren, from the Santa Marta community, Miguel Ángel “had the aliases and crimes of an alleged gang member from the Victoria area planted on him,” which is why he remains in detention. This situation worries the family because he has been grouped into a single open hearing, which does not yet have a scheduled date, but they fear could lead to a possible conviction.
After filing the brief with the court, they also submitted a complaint to the General Inspectorate of Public Security, under the Ministry of Justice and Public Security, in the paracentral region, against the police Anti-Gang Unit that planted the aliases on Miguel Ángel.
“That substitution of aliases and crimes of a person who is supposedly a criminal and who remains free was also reported to the police inspectorate in San Vicente through a document requesting that the unit that created this record be investigated. We regret that this corruption exists not only in this case but in others in state of exception proceedings, and this precedent must be set. We ask that they provide a transparent report, because this must not be allowed,” Nataren said.
For María Francisca Hernández, Miguel Ángel’s mother, the process has been “very hard on the family,” and she asks the court to carry out the proceedings so it can “prove the innocence” of her son. She adds that at no point have they referred to the young man by the aliases or nicknames the Attorney General’s Office (FGR) uses to identify him.
“That nickname was imposed on him—it’s defamation, and that’s why they detained him. He’s not a gang member. In the first case, he went free, he complied with all the measures, and now they’ve arrested him again. For a mother, all of this is hard, and we’re here to prove my son’s innocence so the judge can verify that he hasn’t committed any crime,” his mother said.
LA PRENSA GRÁFICA published the case of Miguel Ángel Callejas, who was prosecuted in 2020 for the crime of restricting freedom of movement to the detriment of the victim under the code name “Veinticinco” and accused of belonging to criminal groups, but the then Court of First Instance of Sensuntepeque issued a final dismissal on August 2, 2022, finding “insufficient elements” against him.
However, in September 2025, as he was returning from the United States to El Salvador, he was detained at the airport and charged with illicit associations under the alias “Majoncho” or “Panadero del Ocotillo de Victoria.”
La Prensa Gráfica: https://www.laprensagrafica.com/elsalvador/denuncian-ante-tribunal-contra-el-crimen-organizado-doble-juzgamiento-a-joven-de-santa-marta-20260819-0048.html
Denuncian ante Tribunal contra el Crimen Organizado doble juzgamiento a joven de Santa Marta
Por Williams Sandoval
Representantes de la comunidad Santa Marta, en el departamento de Cabañas, y la familia de Miguel Ángel Callejas Hernández, un joven capturado en el marco del régimen de excepción, presentaron este 19 de agosto un escrito ante el Tribunal Segundo contra el Crimen Organizado, Despacho Tres con sede en Soyapango, San Salvador, para denunciar un doble juzgamiento contra el joven y pedir su libertad.
La petición expone que Miguel Ángel fue capturado el 7 de octubre de 2025 y acusado por el delito de agrupaciones ilícitas a pesar que en un proceso similar fue sobreseído el 2 de agosto de 2022 por falta de pruebas que lo vincularan con grupos criminales. Aún así, fue detenido el año pasado y en su ficha policial tiene agregado el alias “Majoncho” o “Panadero del Ocotillo de Victoria”, el cual pertenece a un conocido pandillero de la zona de Victoria, en Cabañas.
Ante esto, piden al Tribunal “realizar todas las diligencias dentro del marco de la legalidad para corroborar la inocencia de esta persona” en la cual la comunidad está dispuesta a proporcionar información que contribuya al proceso judicial asegurando que “la verdad y la justicia deben ser garantizadas a la luz de nuestra constitución y derecho internacional”, según cita el documento.
De acuerdo con Peter Nataren, de la comunidad Santa Marta, a Miguel Ángel “le hicieron una suplantación de apodos y de delitos de un supuesto pandillero de la zona de victoria” por lo que se mantiene en detención. Esta situación preocupa a la familia debido a que ha sido agrupado para una audiencia única abierta, la cual aún no tiene fecha para llevarse a cabo, pero que temen que pueda llegar a una posible condena.
Después de presentar el escrito ante el tribunal, también llevaron una denuncia ante la Inspectoría General de Seguridad Pública, del Ministerio de Justicia y Seguridad Pública, en la región paracentral en contra de la Unidad Antipandillas de la Policía Nacional Civil (PNC) que suplantó los sobrenombres a Miguel Ángel.
“Esa suplantación de apodos y delitos de una persona que se supone que es criminal y que está en libertad, también se presenta a la inspectoría policial de San Vicente a través de un documento en el que se pide que se investigue a la unidad que hizo esta ficha. Lamentamos que esta corrupción no solo exista en este caso, sino que hay otros más en procesos de régimen de excepción y hay que sentar este precedente. Pedimos que entreguen un reporte transparente, pues no se debe permitir esto”, dijo Nataren.
Para María Francisca Hernández, madre de Miguel Ángel, el proceso ha sido “muy duro para la familia” y pide al tribunal que realice las diligencias para que pueda “comprobar la inocencia” de su hijo. Agrega que en ningún momento se han referido al joven bajo los alias o apodos que lo identifica la Fiscalía General de la República (FGR).
“Ese apodo le fue impuesto, es una difamación y por eso lo han detenido. Él no es ningún pandillero, en el primer proceso salió libre, cumplió con todas las medidas y ahora lo capturan nuevamente. Para una madre todo esto es difícil y estamos acá para probar la inocencia de mi hijo y que la jueza pueda comprobar que no ha cometido ningún delito”, dijo su madre.
LA PRENSA GRÁFICA publicó el caso de Miguel Ángel Callejas que fue procesado en 2020 por el delito de limitación a la libertad de circulación en perjuicio de la víctima bajo clave “Veinticinco” y acusado de pertenecer a grupos criminales, pero el entonces Juzgado de Primera Instancia de Sensuntepeque emitió su sobreseimiento definitivo por considerar “insuficientes elementos” en su contra, el cual fue dado el 2 de agosto de 2022.
Sin embargo, en septiembre de 2025, cuando regresaba de Estados Unidos hacia El Salvador fue detenido en el aeropuerto y acusado de agrupaciones ilícitas bajo el alias “Majoncho” o “Panadero del Ocotillo de Victoria”.
La Prensa Gráfica: https://www.laprensagrafica.com/elsalvador/denuncian-ante-tribunal-contra-el-crimen-organizado-doble-juzgamiento-a-joven-de-santa-marta-20260819-0048.html

