Select Page

The National Statistics and Census Office (ONEC) has not yet published the report with the results of the EHPM 2023, but has shared the database. From this information, LPG Datos found that 45% of households with students had an Internet connection at home, three points higher than the 42% in 2022.

Among households with students enrolled in public institutions, access is even lower. In 2023, only 36% of these households claimed to have this service at home. While this was four percentage points higher than in 2022, it also meant that the remaining 64% did not have Internet at home.

The limited progress in Internet access for public sector students contrasts with the government’s provision of computers since 2020, which has led to a significant increase in the ownership of these devices in the last two years.

LPG: https://www.laprensagrafica.com/elsalvador/El-64–de-las-familias-con-estudiantes-del-sector-publico-no-tiene-Internet-en-casa-20240418-0088.html

El 64 % de las familias con estudiantes del sector público no tiene Internet en casa

La Oficina Nacional de Estadísticas y Censos (ONEC) aún no ha publicado el informe con los resultados de la EHPM 2023, pero ha compartido la base de datos. A partir de esta información, LPG Datos encontró que el 45 % de los hogares con estudiantes tenía conexión a Internet en casa, tres puntos más que el 42 % de 2022.

Entre las familias con alumnos inscritos en instituciones públicas, el acceso es incluso menor. En 2023, solo el 36 % de estos hogares afirmó contar con este servicio en su casa. Si bien esto fue cuatro puntos porcentuales más que en 2022, también significó que el 64 % restante no contaba con Internet en casa.

El limitado avance en el acceso a Internet para estudiantes del sector público contrasta con la entrega de computadoras que emprendió el Gobierno desde 2020 y que ha llevado a que la tenencia de estos aparatos incremente de forma significativa en los últimos dos años.

LPG: https://www.laprensagrafica.com/elsalvador/El-64–de-las-familias-con-estudiantes-del-sector-publico-no-tiene-Internet-en-casa-20240418-0088.html