Seleccionar página

Lawyers and legislators of the opposition pointed out this Wednesday that the government «used» the Fire Department to create a new tax that will affect the pockets of Salvadorans.

The Firemen’s Law, presented last August 30 by the Minister of the Interior, Juan Carlos Bidegain, and endorsed this Tuesday, October 4, by the Legislative Assembly, establishes the collection of a new «ad valorem» tax on all insurances contracted in the country for an amount of 5% in each policy, except those linked to mortgage loans and credits.

The original proposal stated that 75% of the proceeds of this tax would be used for the operation of the Fire Department. The other 25% would go to the Ministry of the Interior.

However, Nuevas Ideas modified Minister Bidegain’s proposal so that the tax proceeds would be transferred to the nation’s general fund, which means that the money will be used for no specific purpose. There is no guarantee that the firefighters will receive anything directly from this tax.

«The Ministry of Finance shall carry out the corresponding procedure to incorporate these funds in the General Budget of the Nation,» says article 47 of the approved initiative. However, it does not specify that the allocation will be specifically for Firefighters.

In this regard, the constitutional lawyer, Enrique Anaya, pointed out that the new 5% tax on insurance will economically affect the middle class and the most vulnerable in the country.

«In the end, this is a tax, and as a tax, it is not destined for Firefighters, but it goes to the General Fund of the Nation as already determined, so all that talk that it goes to the Fire Department is nothing more than a deception because it goes to the Fund and it will be able to be used for anything, as they put in the budget,» explained the lawyer to El Diario de Hoy.

EDH: https://www.elsalvador.com/noticias/nacional/cuerpo-de-bomberos-el-salvador-impuestos-companias-seguros-asamblea-legislativa-bancada-nuevas-ideas-/1004637/2022/

Oficialismo «usó» imagen de bomberos para aprobar nuevo impuesto

Abogados y legisladores de la oposición señalaron este miércoles que el oficialismo “utilizó” al Cuerpo de Bomberos para crear un nuevo impuesto que afectará el bolsillo de los salvadoreños.

La Ley de Bomberos, presentada el 30 de agosto pasado por el ministro de Gobernación, Juan Carlos Bidegain y avalada este martes 4 de octubre por la Asamblea Legislativa, establece el cobro de un nuevo impuesto “ad valorem” a todos los seguros que se contraten en el país por una cantidad del 5% en cada póliza, excepto aquellas vinculadas a préstamos hipotecarios y créditos.

La propuesta original planteaba que el 75% de lo recaudado por este tributo sería para el funcionamiento del Cuerpo de Bomberos. El otro 25% pasaría al Ministerio de Gobernación.

No obstante, Nuevas Ideas modificó la propuesta del ministro Bidegain para que lo recaudado con el impuesto sea trasladado al fondo general de la nación, es decir que el dinero va sin destino específico y no se garantiza que los bomberos reciban nada directamente de este impuesto.

“El ministerio de Hacienda deberá realizar el trámite correspondiente para incorporar estos fondos en el Presupuesto General de la Nación”, dice el artículo 47 de la iniciativa aprobada, pero no puntualiza que la asignación será específicamente para Bomberos.

Al respecto, el abogado constitucionalista, Enrique Anaya, señaló que el nuevo impuesto a los seguros del 5% afectará económicamente a la clase media y a los más vulnerables del país.

“Al final este es un impuesto y como impuesto no está destinado para Bomberos, sino que va al Fondo General de la Nación como ya lo determinaron, así que todo ese discurso que va al Cuerpo de Bomberos no es más que un engaño porque va al Fondo y se va a poder ocupar para cualquier cosa, según pongan en el presupuesto”, explicó el abogado a El Diario de Hoy.

EDH: https://www.elsalvador.com/noticias/nacional/cuerpo-de-bomberos-el-salvador-impuestos-companias-seguros-asamblea-legislativa-bancada-nuevas-ideas-/1004637/2022/